Tuesday 31 December 2013

IVF #2.... synarel spray or should I say devil spray?!

IVF #2 started In September 13, it was a long protocol so I was to go on a medication that essentially shut off all my natural hormones and then once I got my period I would start the FSH at 75iu's this time to grow follicles. This type of cycle goes for 3weeks as opposed to my first cycle that was 1-2weeks.  
It was a very hard cycle. The synarel (a nasal spray twice a day) was like sniffing jalapeƱo peppers. It nose bleeds along with crazy mood swings, (just ask hubstar lol) I tried to carry on with my routine as normal but it was really tough. My period came a week late, (which meant more time sniffing the devil spray) and i was finally ready to start meds (injections) to grow follicles! 
A friend got me onto a supplement that was meant to improve egg quality called CoQ10, this cycle we wanted quality over quantity. Well my first scan 5 days in showed 30 small follicles... damn it, i was over producing again and we couldn't risk freezing them so we decided to push through and keep growing follicles. We had another scan 3 days later and I had 45 follicles, but there was good news 13 of the follicles had grown to 16mm. (18mm+ is the desired size for collection to ensure the follicle contains a mature egg) We were told to keep going over the weekend and to come back first thing Monday to see if they had grown. Finally good news :) no more follicles had grown and the 13 were now at 19mm+ we were allowed to trigger with HCG and collection would be in 38hrs time!!
I was really bruised and bloated before surgery ;(

Egg collection day came and I was less nervous this time round. In the waiting room I gave some advice to a first time ivf'er, i felt like a veteran lol! I woke up fro, surgery to find a big 13 on my hand :) looks like the CoQ10 had worked!!

The next day we got a report saying 9 had fertilised really well and that we were scheduled for a 5 day transfer!! Each day we called for an update and all 9 were going strong!! Finally a transfer was becoming a reality for us!!

Transfer day came and we suited up in our scrubs and entered the transfer room!!! We didn't know how many had made it or what the quality of our Embaby was so we were really nervous, but mainly EXCITED!!
The screen turned on and there was our beautiful grade AA blast!! Wow what an amazing moment that was, looking at something Hubstar and i created a genetically predetermined little miracle! When I close my eyes and look back at the moment I get butterflies, I Will remember that moment as long as i live.
Transfer was done and the scientists said we had 3 other grade AA blast frozen, in separate straws that morning!! YES!!!!
Our beautiful blast (notice the Australian map silhouette)

I wont bore you with the craziness that as my two week wait (the period between transfer and when you can take a pregnancy test) The first 4 days were really easy, but then i went crazy.. symptom spotting, Internet research you all know the drill!!!

October 14th came and i was 10dp5dt (10 days past a 5 day transfer) it was TEST DAY!! We woke up at 6am and i took the test right away... we covered it up and set the timer.... 3mins...... (aka a lifetime) 

We held hands and pulled back the tissue covering the screen.... a BFN (big fat NEGATIVE) there has been few moments in my life when my breath was taken away, my husband proposing, my wedding day, and THIS! Of course we knew that it may not work, but you wish and hope to god that this is your month, this month WILL work so when it doesn't its like a kick in the stomach and you sit there stunned for a moment. 
What was worse than seeing 1 line on a HPT was seeing the look on Hubstars face. Many of you know the look that I'm referring to, the look of disappointment and strength. They try so hard to be the strong one but behind that wall is a man just wanting to be a daddy, for me seeing his disappointment is nearly as hard as the negative test!
Well as 2013 draws to an end (50mins left to be exact) we are looking forward to a new year and a new plan!! We are going to try and thaw 1 of our blasts In February, hoping It survives the thawing process!!
2014 will be our year, I just feel It!!

No comments:

Post a Comment