Monday 30 December 2013

first EVER blog.. here goes

I should start by introducing myself and giving you an insight into my life :)
My name is Rachel, I'm 23 and married to the love of my life. I refer to him as hubstar but his name is Greg! We live on the coast of NSW Australia with our 4 furr babies. Coco is our eldest pup, she is a 3year old bichon cross, next is Crumb our 1year old mini sausage dog, followed by Sadie our pure black kitty, and last but not least FlapJax our 9week old mini lop bunny. Our little family although incredibly loved is missing one thing: A BABY!!!
Hubstar and I met in 2008, we spent a summer together that changed our lives :) that summer we fell in love and it's where our story begins. We got married September 22nd 2011 in Orange NSW. We started trying for a family right away, hubstar is a little older than me (7years to be exact) and I knew from the start that i wanted to make him a Daddy as soon as possible. Well from cycle 1 we knew things weren't going to be simple. Tests found that i wasn't ovulating (kind of essential for baby making) and hubstars sperm wasn't good. We started Clomid october 2011 (a fertility drug that stimulates ovulation) we tried that unsuccessfully for 6months at the highest dose, and then we tried 6 IUI cycles, we had 1 BFP that ended in a miscarriage. We took a break and came back in 2013 ready to start IVF (I'll do a post of our cycles in detail) well it's December 30th 2013 and we are still not pregnant. We have been through more than most, we have been handed a really crappy hand, but WE WILL NOT BE BEATEN! Hubstar always says "our baby is taking extra long because he/she is destined for greatness and something that special takes extra long to create". He really is Amazing and we are stronger because of infertility!!
That's a little bit about us and our story. We're just an ordinary couple, living an ordinary life, waiting for something extraordinary to complete our story!

No comments:

Post a Comment